Repair the World NYC is located at 808 Nostrand Ave in the heart of Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Our 1,800 square foot storefront is a flexible event space that can be customized for many event types. Our space includes a kitchenette and two bathrooms. You can click here to see a layout of the space. French pocket doors can divide the space into two rooms, or be left open to create one large space.
The Role of Repair the World Staff
There will be a Repair the World staff person on site to open and close the space. S/he is a resource for you should you have any questions.
- The renter is responsible for setting up the space, unless otherwise arranged with our staff in advance.
- Furniture in the space includes a love seat, ottoman, 2 lounge chairs, and reception desk that can be used as a bar.
- The front of the space has a counter-height reclaimed wood bar with four stools.
- 120 Additional chairs and 20 six foot tables are in the closet on the main floor. Additional chairs and cocktail tables can be found in the basement.
- The renter may decorate the space, but you may use only painters tape as an adhesive on the walls so as to avoid paint chipping.
- If you are expecting a large crowd and/or serving food, we ask that you please roll up the carpets and put them into the closet or in the basement.
- You should bring all of your own supplies – paper goods, tablecloths (108”x54”), office supplies, etc.
- You can find backup office supplies in the silver rolling cart at the front of the workshop and backup kitchen supplies in our kitchen cabinets.
- You are welcome to use any caterer you’d like. Our list of local favorites is included here.
- Make sure the caterer provides paper goods and serving utensils.
- You are welcome to use our fridge, microwave, tea kettle, coffee maker, and 2 hot plates.
- Deliveries can be made weekdays between 9am and 5pm.
- Food should never go directly onto our tables. Please bring regular or disposable tablecloths for any table where food will be served or eaten.
- Our policy is to have a security officer at the front door for public evening events or at any event serving alcohol. Security can be arranged through our office coordinator and will be an additional cost to the renter.
- Never prop open the avenue door.
- In case of emergency, dial 911. Once everyone is secure, please notify Repair the World staff.
Sound System and Projector
- Equipment available:
- You are welcome to use Repair the World’s projector and sound system, though we can not be responsible for its operation.
- If you are not comfortable setting up sound equipment, please let us know in advance so we ensure that a staff member can set up the sound.
- If you have special needs or requirements, please speak to us in advance of the event.
- Renter is responsible for returning the space to the initial setup. Tables and chairs taken out of the closet or from the basement should be broken down and returned.
- Return all furniture and rugs to where you found them and remove all decorations.
- Garbage should be put into large black trash bags (found under the sink), tied up, and carried down to the front of the basement, right near the hatch door.
- Recyclables should be separated into paper and plastic and put into CLEAR or BLUE bags (found under the sink) and carried down to the front of the basement, right near the hatch door.
- If food is served, the renter should wipe down the kitchen and tables. Paper towels and cleaning sprays can be found under the sink.
*Note – the Renter is responsible to work with Repair the World staff to complete these protocols by the end of the rental reservation or will be subject to an additional fee.
Local Catering Favorites
Comfort Foods Catering: A social purpose caterer operated by Project Renewal offering custom-tailored and health-conscious fare created from scratch.
Eat Offbeat: Authentic and home-style ethnic meals that are conceived, prepared and delivered by refugees resettled in NYC.
Chef Deena Catering: High-end catering and bespoke, farm-to-table meals made from scratch.
Gloria’s: Legendary local Caribbean cuisine. Two blocks from Repair the World.
Colina Cuervo: Cafe on our block offering Latin American fare and Counter Culture coffee.
Benny’s Brick Oven: Kosher Italian fare in Crown Heights offering pizza, pasta, salads and paninis.
Prime Sandwich: Kosher American fare, grilled sandwiches, salads.
http://www.primesandwich.net (718) 576-6665
Reconnect Cafe: Socially conscious cafe offering coffee, juices and baked goods.
Lula Bagel: Delicious bagels, sandwiches and coffee – steps from Repair the World.
Wino(t): Offers a diverse selection of wines and free delivery.
FreshDirect: Food and grocery delivery with next-day service available.
Kosher Bagel Hole: Bagels, wraps, coffee, etc.